On behalf of the American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association, I am pleased to welcome you to the AOPA Votes web site.
We would like to provide you with this legislative advocacy toolbox as a means of communicating with your Congressional Delegation on key legislation. Your participation is essential to promoting equitable treatment of O&P practitioners and patients. This website will also track both federal and state issues involving RAC audits, off-the-shelf competitive bidding, essential benefits, and other issues affecting you and the O&P profession.
Your efforts to raise awareness of the profession and advocate for policies that impact the future of the O&P field and our patients are critical to the success of our profession.
Anita Liberman-Lampear, MA
2014 AOPA President
Contact Your Legislators!
- HR 5083: The Medicare DMEPOS Audit Improvement and Reform (AIR) Act of 2014
- Submit comments to CMS regarding prior authorization
- Ask your Representative to Restore Due Process Rights & Proper ALJ TImeframes
- Act Now on S. 1982 (Section 322) to Support Advanced O&P Education
- Act Now on H.R. 3112 the Medicare O&P Improvements Act
- Act Now on H.R. 3020 Insurance Fairness for Amputees Act
- Act now on H.R. 3408 Injured and Amputee Veteran Bill of Rights